Fairmined ethical gold

Artisanal mines support millions of people in the poorest regions of the world. These communities suffer from economic exploitation, corruption, human rights abuses, child labor, but they are also exposed to risks to health and the environment. Mercury emissions, cyanide, and other toxic substances cause serious air, soil, and water pollution. Working conditions in mines are often dangerous and tools rudimentary.

Faced with this, Fairmined labeled Ethical Gold is a great, encouraging and positive response. It comes from artisanal mines on a human scale, which meet the demanding eco-responsible standards, guaranteeing social and environmental progress.

oro ético fairmined barcelona
fairmined ethical gold barcelona

LUM is committed to promoting and using only Fairmined Ethical Gold. It is a certification label attesting to the origin of gold produced by autonomous, responsible, artisanal and small-scale mines. The Fairmined Initiative was created by the Alliance for Responsible Mining (ARM), a globally recognized non-profit organization as a pioneer in responsible artisanal mining on a human scale. Apply the criteria of fair trade and organic production.

90% of the gold today is extracted industrially in ultra mechanized mines. However, the remaining 10% is mined by hand by 90% of the total mining population! Therefore, operating in small-scale gold mines is a powerful vector of empowerment for many artisanal miners.

The Fairmined label audits and certifies the extraction mines, but also each one of the actors in the sector (refiners, founders, jewelers), ensuring the exclusive use of their gold and respect for its traceability, from the mine to the product. final.

For more information:

Let’s stay in touch!
Every week, we send by email some news or a jewelry advice. If you are interested, we invite you to subscribe to our newsletter ;)
We won’t send spam, only our news and tips!
You can remove your email at any time.
Esta web utiliza cookies. Puedes leerla aquí:    Ver Política de cookies